Quick, cheap and packed with great flavours, street food is the perfect way to immerse yourself in a new culture. And if you are worried about food safety just follow the locals.
Top Ten Street Foods you have to try-
1. Pad Thai, Thailand- Stir-fried rice noodles, served with various vegetables, shrimp, chicken or tufu.
2. Ceviche, Peru- Raw fish marinated in lime juice, chilli and salt.
3. Currywurst, Germany- Pork sausage fried and covered in curry ketchup, often served with chips
4. Jerk Chicken, Jamaica- Marinated chicken grilled over pimento wood.
5. Tacos Al Pastor, Mexico- splt-roasted pork, smothered in chilli sauce and then rolled into tortilla
6. Poutine, Canada- Thick cut chips, cheese curd and Gravy.
7. Falafel & Pita, Tel Aviv, Isreal- Falafel are deep fried patties made from ground chick peas or fava beans. They are often served in pita bread.
8. Chaat, Mumbai, India- Dough hollowed out and filled with vegatables and spices
9. Fruit smoothies, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil- Very popular in Rio, these healthy drinks are packed with fresh friut and great flavors such as papaya, straberries, bananas, guava, mango and pineapple.
10. Hot Dogs, New York, USA- A grilled or steamed sausage in a bun, served with fried onions, ketchup or mustard or all of them.
Sweet Street Food-
1. Gelato, Italy- Creamy Italian Ice cream
2. Churros, Spain- Sweet, crunchy, deep fried dough sticks. Eaten plain, sprinkled with sugar or dipped in chocolate.
3. Parisian Crepes, France- Sweet or Savoury pancakes, a very popular sweet crepe is served with banana and nutella
4. Waffles, Belgium- Batter or dough cooked between two patterned plates to give them their grid shape. Often served with whipped cream, strawberries and chocolate.
The best places to eat Street Food-
1. Marrakech, Morocco- Djemaa el Fna market is full of great food to try, including kebabs, roast lamb, cous cous, soups and tagines
2. Penang, Malaysia- Try Chinatown or Little India for great Satays, stir-fried rice noodles, fish soup and roti flat bread.
3. Singapore- You will find hundreds of food stalls in indoor and outdoor halls and a myriad of Asian food influences
4. Istanbul, Turkey- Specialities include Doner Kababs, lahmacun, which is a Turkish pizza, and flaky pastries.
5. Hong Kong, China- Try the stalls around night markets such as Temple Street for a variety of noodle dishes, dim sum, curried fish balls, and sticky tufu.
15% OFF All NEW Food Adventures with Intrepid
· OFFER- 15% OFF per person on all NEW Food Trips
· Must Book Between- 1st Dec- 30th December 2013
· Travel Validity- 1st December- 1st December 2014
· Promo Code - 10840
Follow this link to claim this great offer now
After being bitten by the traveling bug at 17 I made it my mission to visit, explore, experience as much of the world as possible. 12 years later and this blog looks at where I have been and as always what is next.........